TPSODL Launches Mobile Compact Substation to Provide Reliable Power Supply
Bhubaneshwar / Berhampur: As another milestone in providing reliable power supply to consumers, TP Southern Odisha Distribution Limited (TPSODL), a joint venture between Tata Power and the Government of Odisha, has introduced an innovative solution called Mobile Substation in its area. of operation.
The mobile substation includes a distribution transformer, high voltage and low voltage protection devices and other equipment mounted on a mobile cart. The mobile compact substation is a plug-in type substation and requires about 1.5 hours for commissioning apart from travel time.
It is used to quickly restore power to customers, during conditions such as the failure of an existing transformer and in the event of emergency services for large organizations such as hospitals, water supply or disasters natural events such as storms and cyclones.
“This initiative is part of our mission to introduce new technologies and provide reliable power to our customers. We will continue to innovate and introduce new services with a focus on customer satisfaction,” said Arvind Singh, Chief Executive Officer of TP Southern Odisha Distribution Limited.
Advantages of the mobile substation:
• Mobile substations can be moved quickly to restore electrical service in the event of a faulty distribution transformer.
• Substation can be of immense help in quick restoration of power supply in case of emergency Services to critical customers like hospital, water supply etc.
• In case of renovation of the DSS, mobile substations can be used to supply customers.
• It can also be used to provide temporary power supply during project work.
• The substation is compact and has easy mobility, thus helping in immediate power restoration at the time of natural calamities like storms and cyclones.